Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Community Food Animation Assistant
Please note you must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training to be considered for this role. More details available here: https://www.miziwebiik.com/
FoodShare Toronto is looking for a Community Food Animation Assistant to support the development of community-led food projects in Weston-Mt. Dennis in the York South Weston community. The Community Food Animation Assistant will work closely with a project team that includes staff from the Community Food Animation and Good Food Program teams.
Detailed job description
- Assist in animating new and existing fresh produce markets, called Good Food Markets, including supporting start-up, outreach and facilitating activities at market
- Assist in community evaluation of pilot Good Food Markets including disseminating surveys, supporting focus groups and data entry
- Assist core team members in planning and organizing logistics for community trainings, meetings and events, with stakeholders and community residents related to the project onsite and in community
- Support grassroots groups on our Supportive Partnerships Platform in organizing, planning and attending their events
- Attend community meetings, such as the York South Weston (YSW) Neighbourhood Planning Table
- Document weekly activities and tracking relevant information
- Participate in FoodShare staff meetings, all staff training and handle other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Interested applicants must be registered with Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training
- Interest in community-led food projects and/or neighbourhood-based community organizing
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of food justice
- Demonstrated ability to work within a diverse community (people of different ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds)
- Interest in conducting outreach, facilitating workshops and delivering presentations
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar and proficient with G-Suite in (Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Gmail, etc.)
- Availability to work evenings and weekends
Reports to: Community Food Animation Manager
Hours: 35 hours/week
Duration: This is a one year contract beginning May 2018 and ending March 29, 2019.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume to Human Resources Coordinator – Manal Sayid at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27th by 5:00 pm.
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience – email@example.com. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.