Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Contract for parental leave coverage: July 31, 2017 – July 27, 2018
The Fundraising Facilitator is a key support for the administration and finance teams at FoodShare. Working closely with the Food Policy and Operations Senior Manager and Executive Director to plan and coordinate the annual fundraising program.
Detailed job description:
- Coordinate all gift administration, including processing (mail, online, phone), receipting, donor acknowledgement, reporting, recognition and financial reconciliation.
- Support donation transactions, sales requests and prepare bank deposits.
- Prepare monthly donation reports and support annual financial audit.
- Support Fundraising Committee meetings and minutes.
- Coordinate foundation appeals and annual reports for major funders.
- Assist with annual and third party events budget and sponsor tracking.
- Support donor engagement tours and tabling.
- Participate in all staff meetings, all staff training, Board – staff meetings, other internal committees, participate in FoodShare waste management and handle other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience in a non-profit or similar environment.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge and contact database management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and in a Google environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills (specifically with spreadsheets, timelines and databases).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to write fundraising appeals, grants reports, thank you letters, etc.
- Demonstrated customer service experience and ability to work respectfully with people of different ages, genders, abilities, cultural backgrounds, and individuals who have experienced marginalization.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and financial records with complete confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interest in issues of food security, food justice and familiarity with our mission and programs.
Salary: $36,000 annually plus Benefits (class B).
Work hours: 37.5/week
Please send applications to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday July 3rd at 5 pm.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at 647-770-7602 or 416-363-6441 ext. 272 or by email – email@example.com at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
“FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected grounds.”