Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Student Nutrition Community Development Coordinator
The Student Nutrition Community Development Coordinator is responsible for providing ongoing support in the sustainability of student nutrition programs (SNPs) and coordinate the community development component of SNP’s across the City of Toronto in partnership with SNO-Toronto partner staff. This role includes coordinating the development and facilitation of SNP tools and training opportunities.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Work one on one with sites, in the areas outlined in our work plan, implementing new programs, a new coordinator or changing program type to allow for relatively stress free start-up, ensuring coordinator confidence.
- Cultivate and enrich the relationship within the school community, local program coordinators, volunteers and partners to implement and develop their student nutrition programs and offer on-going support and capacity building to ensure their sustainability.
- Support the development of program tools and facilitate training to support SNP coordinators and volunteers.
- Develop community awareness about SNPs with community groups, municipally elected officials, and the greater not-for-profit sector; facilitate site visits to reinforce learning.
- Work in a team with other coordinators on at least one major SNP project (for example: SNP workshops, applications, volunteer events) supervised closely by the Senior Coordinator responsible for that event.
- Conduct tours of the SNP office to visitors to FoodShare, sharing knowledge about SNPs in Toronto as well as across province.
- Complete daily site reports and time sheets on activities completed, and other administrative tasks as required, accounting for all time spent in the position of coordinator
- Attend FoodShare staff meetings, all staff training, and the Board staff retreat, team meetings and handles other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with student nutrition programs, mobilizing parents, students, teachers, and the local community
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of student and youth nutrition
- Past job working independently as well as in a group
- Strong oral speaking and interpersonal skills, comfortable meeting and working with a variety of people
- Experience working with community organizations and/or community development work
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in word, excel, email and internet
- Experience working with volunteers
- Basic awareness of safe food handling
- Ability to create tools and resources necessary to support Student Nutrition Programs
- Openness to change and adaptability in a growing program
- Have access to a vehicle or comfortable using TTC for site visits (travel costs are covered)
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. FoodShare will cover the cost of this certification.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Student Nutrition
Salary: $42,000.00 annually, plus benefits, prorated to 10 months
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Location of work: South/Central Etobicoke
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Click here to download a PDF version of the Student Nutrition Community Development Coordinator job posting.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 at 5:00pm
Start Date: As soon as possible
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience – firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.