Thank you for thinking FoodShare! Volunteers are at the core of everything we do, and as a community-based organization FoodShare learns from its volunteers and depends on their energy. From packing Good Food Boxes to prepping veggies in the kitchen, our volunteers make FoodShare bustle.
Volunteer opportunities vary throughout the calendar year. Almost all opportunities occur between 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday, save for a few special events. You might:
- help pack produce for schools and nonprofit agencies
- prepare food for Good Food Café lunches (food allergy warning: our kitchen handles nuts)
- dice vegetables and fruits for Wellness Boxes
- staff the FoodLink Hotline
- composting and gardening
- volunteer with Field to Table Schools
- supporting special events
- office support
We embrace the values and guiding principles set out in the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement. Volunteer involvement is vital to a just and democratic society. Volunteer involvement strengthens communities. Volunteer involvement benefits communities and organizations. We look forward to being nourished by your actions, your energy and your experiences.