Since 2008, over 1 million people have joined us for the Great Big Crunch, an annual moment of anti-silence where everyone gets together and bites into crunchy fresh local produce in unison. The symphony is loud, whether you munch on apples or carrots. From coast to coast to coast, celebrate and enjoy healthy snacking with your class, colleagues or friends. Using vegetables and fruits as stars in recipes and fun activities will make you cherish the local bounty around us all.
How the Great Big Crunch works:
- You register to munch with us before crunchday. You can sign up for yourself, your class, your school or your whole school board!
- We share fun curriculum linked class activities and recommend some fresh local produce for you to snack on.
- You get all your friends together and take a synchronized bite at 2:30pm EST. Don’t forget to share your crunch photos with us using #greatbigcrunch.
- Get a Great Big Crunch Certificate to proudly display on your wall.
- Hope your tooth doesn’t pop out.
10th Anniversary Resources
2017 Great Big Crunch Certificate (English)
2017 Great Big Crunch Certificate (French)
2017 Great Big Crunch Activities (English)
2017 Great Big Crunch Activities (French)
Great Big Crunch 2017 poster (Toronto)
Great Big Crunch 2017 poster (English)
Great Big Crunch 2017 poster (French)
Past Activity Guides
2016 Great Big Crunch Activities
Great Big Crunch Certificate of Participation: English
2015 Great Big Crunch Activities
2014 Great Big Crunch Activities
2013 Great Big Crunch Activities
2011 Great Big Crunch Activities
2010 Great Big Crunch Activities
2008 Great Big Crunch Activities
Tried and Tested Lessons
Apple-Themed Story Books
Apple Fractions (Math)
Apple History, Customs, Facts
Crunching with Carrots
Crunching with Cucumbers
Earth as an Apple
How to Keep Your Apples from Turning Brown (Science)
Macky Mac & The Crunchy Bunch (Literacy)
Names and Games (Tasting)
Personal Apple π (Geometry)