FoodShare Toronto is looking for dynamic and committed individuals, who are interested in helping to shape the future of our work by joining our Board of Directors. We are currently recruiting for 4 new board members.
Board members commit an average of 8-10 hours a month, including attendance at board meetings, and providing guidance and support through committee work and other duties, with the expectation of commitment to a two-year term.
If you are interested in applying for a position on FoodShare’s Board of Directors please send us:
1) a 1-2 page letter indicating the following:
- Your current connection to FoodShare (if any)
- Why you are interested in joining FoodShare’s board
- What you find most compelling about the work that FoodShare does in the community and why.
- The relevant experience (lived, employment, volunteer etc…) and skills that you feel that you can contribute to a food justice organization
2) In addition to the letter, please also send a 50-100 word bio that summarizes your experience.
Please send your letter to email@example.com. A resume is not required or expected.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday April 2nd at 5:00 pm EST.
Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted for interviews to be scheduled for the end of April, with successful candidates expected to attend FoodShare’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) in the evening on Wednesday June 26th, 2018 at FoodShare.
If you are not selected as a candidate for FoodShare’s board, we hope that we can find other opportunities for us to work together in support of good healthy food for all.
FoodShare is an equal opportunity organization committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at 416-363-6441 ext. 272 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.