Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Human Resources Coordinator
FoodShare’s HR Coordinator will administer consistent HR practices and procedures while offering support to staff in understanding current policies.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare employment agreement letters, job descriptions, and reference letters
- Oversee the coordination of the employee recruitment process, with the support of the applicable supervisors and / or hiring committees
- Liaise with community partners working with equity seeking groups to share employment opportunities at FoodShare
- Coordinate with external providers for staff enrolment in benefits programs and RRSP/TFSA programs
- Coordinate WSIB reporting and claims
- Issue Records of Employment
- Track employee leave, training, and probationary status
- Oversee the Vulnerable Sector Screening police checks for required positions
- Facilitate in house AODA training
- Oversee orientation processes for staff and interns
- Coordinate the onboarding process for new staff with applicable supervisor
- Preparation of the employee newsletter
- Respond to staff questions about the HR Policy Manual
- Work with the Human Resource Committee, Executive Assistant, and Executive
- Director when developing new policies, procedures, and updates that relate to the HR Policy Manual and other staff functions
- Ensure policies and practices are in compliance with all applicable legislation and regulations on an ongoing basis
- Participate in FoodShare’s Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Maintain organized employee files and reports
- Represent FoodShare as a contributing member of a growing and dynamic team
- Assists with special projects involving the Executive Director and Executive
Assistant as directed
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a human resources / business administration or similar administrative support role
- A familiarity with Food Justice as it pertains to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Good listening skills
- A high level of integrity
- Exceptional judgment, strong initiative, and a quick learner with strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and efficient, with the ability to execute and manage a diversity of tasks, activities and projects
- Independent worker, reliable and responsible
Reports to: Executive Assistant
Salary: $42,000.00 annually, plus extended benefits package.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 5:00pm
Start Date: As soon as possible
Click here for a PDF version of the HR Coordinator job posting.
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience – email@example.com. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.