Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Senior Coordinator of Development
FoodShare Toronto is looking for a Senior Coordinator of Development starting in July 2018. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development and Communications this position will coordinate and support FoodShare’s corporate engagement program, annual Foundation appeal, as well as supporting special projects including FoodShare’s gift basket program, onsite tours, special events and Speaker’s Bureau.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Participate in the creation of proposals for corporate partnerships
- Liaise and work with corporate partners to increase awareness of FoodShare and our volunteer opportunities
- Coordinate corporate activations and donor activities including scheduling, material development and promotion
- Use data systems to track engagement opportunities to ensure clear communication and detailed recordkeeping
- Liaise with the key internal stakeholders to ensure cooperation and effective roll out of sponsorship or donation deliverables and contractual commitments
- Prepare stewardship reports for major donors, partners and ensure appropriate recognition
- Working with the development and communications team to collect and document impact stories and maintain an up to date repository of program profiles and data
- Prepare and submit foundation and grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan or as directed
- Lead the FoodShare gift basket project team
- Solicit event sponsorship for FoodShare’s annual fundraiser, and other programs and events
- Coordinate and oversee FoodShare’s ‘Speakers Bureau” program
- Serve as an enthusiastic and well-informed spokesperson for FoodShare and our mission including providing tours and program overviews
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gifts from foundations, corporations/corporate foundations, individuals (including planned gifts) and service clubs
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager of Development & Communications
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of food justice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Proven experience in coordinating non-profit development activities with a strong track record of building donor relationships, both individual and corporate
- Proven ability to build and establish relationships with corporate partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and community oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Proven ability to coordinate, organize, initiate and complete events in a timely basis
- Positive team player with strong organizational skills
- Program development and delivery experience
- Self-directed, positive attitude with demonstrated passion for FoodShare’s mission
- Experience with Google Suite and Smartsheet an asset
Hours and Compensation: Full time 37.5 hrs, $45,000 plus an extended benefits package
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to Manal Sayid at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday, June 22, 2018 at 5:00pm
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience –firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.