Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Development Senior Manager
The Development Senior Manager provides leadership in the planning as well as the day-to-day operations associated with FoodShare’s direct mail, corporate, foundation, major, mid-level and planned giving programs, as well as fundraising events and initiatives.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
Leadership and Management
- Support Director, Development and Communications in the development of the annual Development Plan and Development Budget
- Provide oversight and support on fundraising programs such as Recipe for Change, annual giving campaign, corporate sponsorship, etc.
- Establish and maintain donation policies and procedures
- Work with Managers and Directors across the organization to set and achieve targets for revenue growth
- Ensure progress tracking, financial controls, and reporting systems are in place and adhered to
- Supervise the Development Senior Coordinator, including reviewing individual work plan and targets, conducting performance review, etc.
- Participate in the development of a board-led fundraising committee. Develop tools and offer coaching as needed
- Participate on other committees as assigned
Major Gifts and Mid-level giving
- Design and execute a major gift plan with key metrics for measuring conversion and success rates
- Manage a portfolio of new and existing major and mid-level prospects, setting targets for donor visits, proposals submitted, and proposals funded
- Proactively use research and wealth screening processes to identify and qualify prospects
- Support senior management, board members and volunteers to assist with cultivation and solicitation (i.e. prepare donor profiles and briefing notes)
- Support senior leadership in stewardship of major gift donors
- Develop engaging donor stewardship tactics (pre-year-end campaign donor event, newsletters, stewardship reports and presentation materials)
- Oversee the development and execution of stewardship plans for Sponsorship, Corporate, Foundation and Individual giving including Planned Giving
- Ensure procedures are in place for accurate, timely acknowledgment of gifts, personal invitations, and other communications
- Attend events as appropriate to represent FoodShare
- Collaborate across the organization to identify and leverage planned and proposed activities (e.g. outreach events, open houses, annual general meeting)
- Develop and train key staff on donor experiences best practices during visits, tours, events, etc.
- Determine development of collateral needs
- Work with the other teams and/or external vendors in order to develop compelling case materials
- Ensure that fundraising proposals and stewardship materials are consistent with the brand standards
Reports to: Director, Development and Communications
Salary: $60,000 plus benefits
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of food justice
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the not-for-profit sector
- 1+ years experience in supervising staff in a management role
- 1+ years experience in preparing fundraising/development plans and budgets
- 2+ years experience in cultivation, solicitation of donations from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- 2+ years experience in designing and managing major gift and mid-level giving programs
- 2+ years experience in producing compelling donor communications materials
- 2+ years experience in designing and executing cultivation, stewardship and other donor events
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with Board members, committees, and volunteers
- Proven experience identifying and setting funding priorities and matching opportunities with donor interests
- Excellent ability to lead multiple fundraising programs with competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 26th August 2019
Click here for a PDF version of the Development Senior Manager job posting.
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience – email@example.com. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.