Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Research and Public Policy Senior Coordinator
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development and Communications, the Research and Public Policy Senior Coordinator is responsible for producing primary research and collating secondary research to inform and advance FoodShare’s public information campaigns, advocacy activities and policy development.
Duties (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct research and analysis on a variety of issues relating to FoodShare’s work
- Conduct environmental scans of emerging research, best practices, resources and issues relating to FoodShare’s work
- Present results through clear and compelling reports, presentations, data visualizations, blog posts, briefing notes, op. eds, position papers, speaking engagements, etc.
- Collaborate with the communications team in fact checking, and in the publishing of reports, as well as developing informational backgrounders, infographics, blogs, and other supporting materials
- Stay up-to-date on trends and significant issues in food security
- Monitor and fact-check public information regarding food security
- Monitor citations of research in media, government, and publications
- Develop information management system for tracking and storing archived material
- Develop policy guidance and position statements from which to ground the organization’s intentional, strategic and coordinated approach to promoting good food for all
- Coordinate externally conducted research studies and manage contracts with external researchers and consultants
- Coordinate with partner organizations to harmonize FoodShare’s research and policy development efforts with like-minded groups
- Demonstrated research accomplishments (memos, briefs, reports) using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Excellent writing (from reports to blog posts) and presentation skills (data visualization)
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills, including working knowledge of qualitative research methodologies and quantitative statistical techniques
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and constituent service skills including the ability to work respectfully and inclusively with a diverse set of constituents
- Knowledge of current social, economic and policy research and public policy issues surrounding poverty and food security is an asset
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis and reasoning
- Experience working in a not-for-profit and/or social justice environment is a strong asset
Reports to: Senior Manager, Development and Communications
Salary: $47,250 plus benefits
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday August 24, 2018
Please note: FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at your earliest convenience – firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.