Thank you for your interest in joining our team! With opportunities ranging from urban agriculture animation to student nutrition development, FoodShare has an opportunity for everyone. Our commitment to hiring persons of all cultural and racial backgrounds makes FoodShare a great place to learn and contribute. And a shared daily lunch doesn’t hurt at all. Come join us and help thousands of people who grow, eat and share via FoodShare every day.
Sign up for our enewsletter to have career, volunteer and placement opportunities delivered right to you!
Do you have a big idea that can help us build a just, resilient, local food system? Contact us and say why we should work together!
Senior Manager of Development and Communications
14 month Parental Leave Coverage April 2018 to June 2019
FoodShare Toronto is looking for a full time Senior Manager of Development and Communications for a 14 month contract starting in April 2018 and ending June 2019. Reporting to the Executive Director (or their designate) the Senior Manager of Development and Communications will provide leadership in the planning as well as the day-to-day operations associated with FoodShare’s fundraising, donor stewardship, evaluation and communications programs and initiatives.
- Manage the planning and implementation of fund development initiatives such as direct mail, planned giving, bequests, corporate requests, major gift, donor recognition etc. and prepare regular reports on progress of the fund development activities
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan or as directed
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Supervise the coordination of all fundraising special events and initiatives
- Work with the Executive Director and FoodShare staff to determine and pursue specific sponsorship of programs
- Coordinate FoodShare’s evaluation activities in collaboration with program staff
- Work with Communication staff to ensure consistency in all FoodShare communications, strengthen FoodShare’s web and social media presence
- Represents FoodShare as directed
Required Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of food justice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- A minimum of 5 years of professional non-profit/relevant experience with some management experience required.
- Proven experience in designing and managing non-profit development programs with a track record of building donor relationships, both individual and corporate
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Self-directed, positive attitude with demonstrated passion for FoodShare’s mission
- Experience with evaluation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
- Positive team leader and team player with strong organizational skills
Hours and Compensation: Full Time, 37.5 hours a week at a rate of $60,000/year + extended benefits package
Duration: 14 month parental leave contract, April 2018-June 2019
How to apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Friday March 9, 2018 5 pm
Click here for a PDF version of this job posting.
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
If you feel you need accommodation because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at 647-770-7602 or 416-363-6441 ext. 272 or by email – email@example.com at your earliest convenience. You will also be briefed on FoodShare’s policies regarding accommodation and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please note that only candidates selected to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.