Thank you for your interest in FoodShare! Most volunteer opportunites are on hold during the COVID 18 Quarantine. We have only one task available at the moment.
Delivering Emergency Good Food Boxes
We need help with is delivering the emergency produce-filled Good Food Boxes across Toronto.
This task involves:
- Using your own vehicle to deliver boxes up to 20lbs/9kg each to various locations around Toronto
- Driving to FoodShare (120C Industry St, York) to pick up the boxes at the back without entering the building
- Using your cell phone to contact recipients of the boxes before and upon delivery
- Providing your own Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, hand sanitizer etc.
If you are interested and able to help with this, please:
- Sign off on our Volunteer Code of Conduct. Through this form we will collect your contact info, emergency contact info and any allergies you may have. We do not trade or give out this information. You can also read our Volunteer Manual, Code of Conduct and Pledge of Privacy and Confidentiality and Duty to Report, which you need to check off that you are in agreement with in order to volunteer. On this form you can also sign up for the email list if you would like to. We send out periodic emails with various opportunities as they arise.
- Fill out this form: Emergency Good Food Box Volunteering. Here we collect your information for helping out with deliveries.
After you have filled out both of these forms, you will be contacted on the next Monday. Regular emails are sent out on Monday mornings with a form where you can sign up for whichever days you want to deliver. Deliveries happen between 12 noon and 6pmish, Monday – Saturday.
Volunteer opportunities vary throughout the calendar year. Almost all opportunities occur between 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday, save for a few special events. You might:
- cut vegetables and fruits for Wellness Boxes
- staff the FoodLink Hotline
- produce packing
- onsite composting
- gardening at a community locations
- support food literacy workshops in schools
- supporting special events
- office support
We embrace the values and guiding principles set out in the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement.
Food allergy warning: our kitchen handles nuts and other common allergens.
FoodShare is a scent free environment. Please refrain from using, wearing and bringing scented products and materials when visiting FoodShare.
Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or a teacher. Youth between the age of 14 and 18 must have a permission form and photo release form signed by a parent or guardian.
All visiting volunteers will be required to read and consent to our Individual Volunteer Manual, Code of Conduct and Pledge of Privacy and Confidentiality and Duty to Report.
We look forward to meeting you!