Community development is hard work, especially when resources are limited. It’s also vital if you want to improve food security. So what if we took a potluck approach to changemaking? FoodShare offers the Supportive Partnerships Platform, where community-led food initiatives leverage FoodShare’s existing assets to realize the change they seek.
Via Supportive Partnerships, FoodShare:
- provides mentorship, advice, and guidance in problem solving for groups that share FoodShare’s mission
- builds capacity via strategic planning, anti-oppression training, and support developing governance structures
- offers financial management services (track and monitor grant installments, process payroll, etc)
- shares resources (vehicles, workspace, insurance, event support)
- Thorncliffe Park Women’s Committee
- Birchmount Community Action Council
- Black Creek Community Farm
- Midtown 416
- Mentorship: available for grassroots groups that are not incorporated – get connected with a network of community organizers working towards increasing food justice in Toronto and learn more about your options for developing organizational capacity
- Supportive Partner: available for groups that are incorporated. Gain access to FoodShare’s admin support, use of vehicles, commercial insurance, fundraising support and focused capacity development trainings. FoodShare charges an admin fee for this support.
- Become part of a FoodShare program: available for groups that are not incorporated but may require access to insurance, admin support, fundraising support, and trainings. All FoodShare programs contribute to FoodShare administration costs.
Critical criteria for groups seeking to join:
- self determined organization/group
- led by people experiencing marginalization in the food system (i.e. Black, Indigenous, people of colour, and/or newcomer communities
- working on food justice issues
- working on income based interventions to combat food insecurity
- based and working in Toronto
Are you interested in working with FoodShare through the Supportive Partnerships Platform? Please fill out this contact form to get started. Please note the Supportive Partnership Platform is currently at capacity and not accepting applicants. You can still fill out the Google Form and join the waitlist.
Why Supportive Partnerships?
Systemic inequities affect access to basic needs like food. While FoodShare’s scope isn’t limitless, we can offer resources to groups who have already identified the change they’d like to see in their communities. It’s all about developing community-led and self-determined solutions to address racism and exclusion in the food system.
Benefits of Supportive Partnership Platform