Your baby or toddler means the world to you. Nutrition and your care means the world to her. Get a grip on baby food basics with our Baby & Toddler Nutrition Program. Each hands-on workshop shares the skills and builds the confidence you need, to make your own nutritious and healthy food. Learn about when and how to introduce new foods, use equipment for making food from scratch and add knowledge of food safety.
Our team of trained and dedicated educators, offer workshops in seven different languages. We’re all experienced mothers who want to make childhood nutrition accessible for all new parents and caregivers. Healthy habits are formed from a young age so get started today!
Are you a new parent in the GTA? Want to feed your baby or toddler simple, healthy food made with fresh and whole foods?
Host a Workshop
- A host organization or individual
- A group of 5-15 parents or caregivers
- A space to have the workshop, such as a local community centre or local library.
- Enough tables and chairs to fit everyone comfortably
- Children’s play area recommended, but not essential
- Optional: Flyers to promote the program (PDF, prints two per page)
- Baby and Toddler Nutrition - Introducing Solid Food To Baby (6mths-1yr)
This guide will show you just how easy it is to introduce solids to your little one, beginning with pureed, all the way through to family-friendly finger foods! FoodShare has been working with new parents for many years to promote the benefits of home-made baby food.
- Feeding Your Toddler (1-3yrs)
This guide will show you just how easy it is to provide your child with a wonderful range of foods they need to grow and stay healthy. FoodShare has been working with parents across Toronto for years, promoting the benefits and ease of home-made baby and toddler food as well as providing tips, hints and recipes for success!
- Flyers to promote the program
This flyer can be used to advertise the Baby and Toddler Nutrition Program to your programs, peers and friends! Prints as a PDF, two per page.