Silver Spoons and Food Champions
- Warehouse Senior Coordinator Moorthi Senaratne wins Food Forward‘s Toronto Food Champion Award.
- FoodShare was nominated for Toronto’s Best Food Activist Group in NOW Magazine’s Best of Toronto reader’s poll.
- Chef and Good Food Cafe Senior Coordinator, Jesus Gomez, wins a Silver Spoon Award for his culinary performance on YTV’s program Cook’d!
- Executive Director Debbie Field won the Leadership Award at Farm to Cafeteria Canada’s National Assembly.
- FoodShare won the Toronto Region Board of Trade’s Sustainability Award. We were the first non-profit to ever win in the category.
- FoodShare’s School Grown program won a Premier’s Award for Agri-Food Innovation Excellence.
- Chef and Good Food Cafe Senior Coordinator, Jesus Gomez, was chosen as one of the 2016 Vital People Recipients via the Toronto Foundation.